Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Hello Everyone

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
5/9/2017 4:13:46 PM

laken smith
My name is Laken. I am a mother to 2 beautiful children and a step mother to 1. I am not so good at introductions so I will do my best. I love people being kind to one another and creating happiness for others as well. I have had a very trying life. I am a cancer survivor and a survivor of many other terrible life events. I suffer from anxiety but for the most part I try to be a happy person. I am still working on myself which I like to think we all are in our own little way. Most of my poetry is a little dark and sad, I don't intend on that but I write from my heart and that is the only way I can express myself that helps me. Writing is my outlet. I do not particularly search for criticism but I welcome it all. I believe that all poetry or any writings from anyone actually, is beautiful. To feel emotion through another's words and experience what they are going through is amazing if you think about it. I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea. I love my life that I currently live and not the one I struggled through. But I also won't lie to anyone and say that I don't have inner demons that haunt me because well...I think we all have those in some shape or form. This life is yours to live, it may not always go as planned but "difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations". I hope to read all of the amazing work on this site and I am already loving it.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » Hello Everyone