Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Review Other Poets Poems.

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
4/30/2017 6:22:21 PM

carl jent
Hello,

Most poets want someone to politely review their poems, I am no exception. How does a new member know where to go and whom to review properly. I would not want to barge in on a poet or neglect a poets work. Could someone advice me? Thanks Carl Wayne Jent
permalink • reply with quote
5/5/2017 9:59:09 AM

Team Poetrysoup
Administrator
All reviews of poems must be polite unless they have been posted in the High Critique forum.
5/9/2017 10:04:45 AM

Carissa Marie
I just started on this site, but as a long-time user of many different writing websites, commenting can be difficult. For me personally, simple things like "good job" or "i like this" are sweet and kind, but I would much rather have a horrible, blasting critique that actually explains what I've done wrong. I think it's important to highlight what you did or did not like in the poem/story/article/other work, and explain your opinion. Give users something to use, so they know what people like and what they should improve in the future. And I genuinely believe that heartfelt comments will prompt those writers to check your poetry out; everyone likes to return a nice pat on the back!

Forum Home » Introductions » Review Other Poets Poems.