Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » introduction

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
4/29/2017 9:45:54 PM

carl jent
I've been a member for about an hour now, I am not sure if I'm amazed or confused. I have been trying to write poetry since 2001. I started writing poetry in this millennium, so at 63, I'm a newbie. I like reading others poetry and enjoy comments about my poems. I write about a lot of topics, I like showing readers the world through my eyes. I have experienced quite a bit, from Military to University Student, 44 years of marriage, 7 different types of businesses, rags to wealth and designs, inventions, theories and philosophies. All that was fun, but tomorrow, I hope to try something new. I will post a few poems tomorrow, but I intend on reading many of your poems to try to figure out if I am in over my head. Take Care, Wayne
permalink • reply with quote
4/29/2017 11:52:22 PM

Liberty Justice
Waynej wrote:
I've been a member for about an hour now, I am not sure if I'm amazed or confused. I have been trying to write poetry since 2001. I started writing poetry in this millennium, so at 63, I'm a newbie. I like reading others poetry and enjoy comments about my poems. I write about a lot of topics, I like showing readers the world through my eyes. I have experienced quite a bit, from Military to University Student, 44 years of marriage, 7 different types of businesses, rags to wealth and designs, inventions, theories and philosophies. All that was fun, but tomorrow, I hope to try something new. I will post a few poems tomorrow, but I intend on reading many of your poems to try to figure out if I am in over my head. Take Care, Wayne
4/29/2017 11:53:06 PM

Liberty Justice
Hi Wayne. Welcome. READ FREE THEN BUY 5 STAR REVIEW non-fiction www.amazon.com/dp/B06XT8L3RX & www.amazon.com/dp/b01m68mnjj.
5/2/2017 4:23:04 PM

Dean Wood
Hi everyone. I'm Dean and I'm a Closet Poet! I have been a member for less than a week but so far I really like this site. Getting a comment on a piece of work that you left a chunk of your heart in is like catnip in your brownie! It just seems to make it all worth it. I have no formal training in poetry. I turn 60 this year and picked it up to get the voices out of my head. I have already learned a lot from reading others' work. Hope to see you around! - Dean
5/4/2017 10:45:03 PM

Annette Gagliardi
Hi Everyone. I'm new to this site, but have some poetry on a couple other sites, plus my own author page at: annettegagliardi.com
This site seems like a great group of folks and I'm having fun reading poems and sharing some of mine.
thanks for commenting on my work. I'll do the same for you.

Forum Home » Introductions » introduction