Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Fun and humor » What's Curvaceous?

Don't Post Poetry Here!!! Everything to make us smile - anecdotes, stories, fun things to do, etc. But NOT Poetry.
3/8/2017 12:28:11 PM

Gayle Rodd

I’ve been called curvaceous, but I’m not sure how to take that. Is it a compliment to be worn proudly or does it mean I should pull out the old running shoes and find my membership card to the gym? I gotta wonder what men think when they see the famous paintings of nudes by the impressionists like Rubens or Botticelli. I guess full-figured women were really the rage then (gee, if that’s the case maybe I could have graced their calendar as Miss March!) I could just hear them now “Hey Sandro, get a load of the rolls on this one!”

Curves were supposedly a sign of wealth and stature. Well, if one is voluptuous, as in ‘fatter-than-the-baby-Jesus’ voluptuous, I think I was born in the wrong century. I guess it doesn’t really matter how much a person weighs because 170 lbs. on one person may look totally different on someone else. I considered it downright intimidating when I went to an amusement park for instance, and the carnie said, “I’ll guess your weight for a dollar.” (When the guy got it right I wanted my money back.) Women shouldn’t worry so much about weight, but, whether you say it or not, it’s probably always in the back of our minds. We need to learn to be happy with who we are-not how much we weigh or how tall or short we are. Still, I don’t know where the term curvaceous came from, but I’d venture to say it’s Latin for ‘you’ve had enough pie.’
permalink • reply with quote
4/12/2017 11:00:38 AM

Tony Devers
Curves really ought to be celebrated. When a woman asks "does my bum look big in this?", how many men are thinking "oh yeah honey, big and sweet and lovely", but knowing what's good for them, meekly answer "no babes, of course not"?
4/15/2017 1:24:31 AM

Doug Vinson
My opinion - when a man hears a woman described as "curvaceous," it's usually a good thing.
4/15/2017 8:41:58 AM

Gayle Rodd
It's funny how different a man's opinion from a woman's is when it comes to this topic!!

Forum Home » Fun and humor » What's Curvaceous?