Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » New kid in town, hello to everyone

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
12/12/2016 6:58:05 AM

loris Palmitesta
Writing a short post to introduce myself to you guys on Poetrysup.

I'm writing for an alternative band in Italy. My english is fine, i'm graduating as a translator, but as you probably know, there's still a huge gap between someone that studies a language, even if he reaches the highest level possible of knowledge for a foreigner of that language, and a mother tongue. So yeah, i write lyrics for music and i'm looking for some heavy and constructive criticism. I'm showing up here because my lyrics are very poetry influenced so i thought this was the right place. Was i right?

Thanks for giving my post a read, hope some of you may find themselves interested in this thing (is it already a thing?)

or, shaping a quote from someone "Are there roots that can clunch,..., out of this stony rubbish?"
permalink • reply with quote
12/12/2016 7:47:54 AM

loris Palmitesta
Your assumptions are correct indeed . Well, i do not translate things from italian to english, i just wrote them in english for obvious reasons. (i even studied literary translation so you 'sfondi una porta aperta')

Thanks anyway for your reply, i was just starting to check them out. Do you know some place where you could find some co-author or stuff like that? i'd really love to work with other people and write on something more broader and complex.
edited by Footlights on 12/12/2016
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » New kid in town, hello to everyone