Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » High Critique » Two Winters of the Snow Fence

For poets who want unrestricted constructive criticism. This is NOT a vanity workshop. If you do not want your poem seriously critiqued, do not post here. Constructive criticism only. PLEASE Only Post One Poem a Day!!!
3/27/2011 12:20:58 AM

dave archuletta
I am the author who has just started to write; I think my stuff is a little cornball-ish. Is it just me?

--
David Archuletta
permalink • reply with quote
3/27/2011 12:55:05 PM

julie heckman
Hi dave. I really appreciate you how articulate you are. Amall unkneeded words like: "was this", "whenever," "forever", etc. for example: "Moreover, there was total surrender to this pain"...I would have written it in this way: "and she totally surrendered to the pain" very simple loosing excessive Words don't forget the similies and metaphors..."the pain devoured heras a lion devours a lamb calf... or something like that Good luck...Great start!
3/27/2011 2:51:53 PM

dave archuletta
thank you julie, i'm learning [at least i think so...]

--
David Archuletta
3/27/2011 4:47:26 PM

dave archuletta
hi julie, i hope you dont think that youve created a monster. i tried to improve, and it seem to work, flow better. i promise nt to bother, but is this revise headed in the right direction, anyone? i got thick skin...

--
David Archuletta
3/28/2011 6:17:49 PM

Lucas Williams
hey youve got some pretty good articulation here. the imagery rides through very well till the end i say mainly the use of the word phalanx which serves its meaning properly although i think it changes the theme of the imagery. I defanitly feel this poem when i read it good job

Forum Home » High Critique » Two Winters of the Snow Fence