Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Just saying hello

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
10/2/2016 6:57:09 AM

Sarah Hand
Hi I'm Sarah and I've been writing poems just for me really and a couple of friends for a long time. Usually I wake up with a complete poem in my head and write it down very quickly! Sounds crazy but my best stuff has happened this way, a few tweaks needed but nothing major. I write to get away from the pressures of my job and put down in words what I can't keep any other way. I've posted 4 poems if any one is interested to read them and I'd really appreciate the feedback, I joined yesterday.
permalink • reply with quote
10/13/2016 5:48:33 AM

Christian adeyemi
Hi am Chris the same I write too! I joined of recent so hmm I ckied your hello so it showed me this and am I really will be intrested. Cause that how I write too!!! I focus on what I want to write and then write it it sounds crazy too! But like u said ur best stuff came out of it same here too
10/24/2016 7:45:07 PM

Darlene De Beaulieu
Teddy wrote:
Hi I'm Sarah and I've been writing poems just for me really and a couple of friends for a long time. Usually I wake up with a complete poem in my head and write it down very quickly! Sounds crazy but my best stuff has happened this way, a few tweaks needed but nothing major. I write to get away from the pressures of my job and put down in words what I can't keep any other way. I've posted 4 poems if any one is interested to read them and I'd really appreciate the feedback, I joined yesterday.
10/24/2016 7:48:42 PM

Darlene De Beaulieu
I like to know where I canr read Sarah's poetry.Rainy days are sunshine.
11/13/2016 5:37:25 PM

Zaire Mendez
Hi, I'm Zaire, I like writing poems. I started writing on wattpad, but i forgot my password and never tried getting it back. So I decided to join here to connect with other poets. I have two poems, if anyone is interested they can check them out
11/19/2016 6:31:48 PM

Doug Vinson
Hi Sarah, Like Charles Bukowski said, in his poem 'So You Want To Be A Writer' -

"if you have to sit there and

rewrite it again and again,

don’t do it."

I think the best things often come fully-formed, perhaps bursting out of us so fast that we have to struggle to get it all written down, before words are lost.

Forum Home » Introductions » Just saying hello