Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Long live eccentricity

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
6/29/2016 8:50:03 PM

David Smith
Recently joined poetry soup. Hope my eccentricities appeal. I attend the university of Life. There are always new courses for me to attend and don't expect my graduation party any time soon. I am 62 going on 18. I have a community spirit and am a professional turner upper. I am married . Have been for 27 years with the usual hiccups. Would not even get invite to Father of the year yet I have three children who have people skills and budding careers who still talk to me and play monopoly off line -funny that. One a civil engineer with a top job in asset management at 22. My other girl graduates this year with a double degree and job for next year. My finishes degree next year as electrical engineer. Spent 30 years as ECE Teacher. Self published book on state of childcare in NZ. - struggling with marketing but those who read it are positive about it.
Have reached Presidency of Lions club. Then switched to Toastmasters and did same. Received wood beads as cub leader. Running metal collection project for my local Church. Play chatty chess. Read and follow current events and make submissions on issues I am passionate about. Would love to get into freelance writing. I work part time cleaning at night.

Apart from that I am just another grumpy old man whom somehow my children manage to love to bits. I just wish they would appreciate my sense of humour more and stop say "that's embarrassing Dad"

Did I mention I can cook.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » Long live eccentricity