Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » How to... » My First Published Novel

Have you published a book. Tell others how you did it.
7/29/2015 2:39:53 AM

P.I. Alltraine
My novel 'Heartbound' is available on Amazon for pre-order and will be released on the 5th August. I thought I would share some QnA's with you all to give you some insight on my process of becoming a published Author.

How long did it take to get your first book published?
It was a very quick process for me. First, I didsome research on credible agents and publishers that would be interested in mygenre. I randomly picked one from the list, just to see how the process workedand what a rejection letter looked like. Two weeks later, I got a request forthe full manuscript, and two weeks after that I was offered a contract. I had adifficult decision to make because I hadn’t really tried anything else at thatpoint. From what I heard, querying agents could take months for a reply (even a rejection reply), and even if someone took me on, there was no guarantee theycould sell it to a publisher—and I already had a publisher interested. It made sense to seize the opportunity.

How have you been marketing and promoting your book so far?
I started a couple of months ago by creating an AuthorPage on Facebook, twitter, etc. I have scheduled blog tours on 27th July to 24th August and 31st August to 4th September, and a press release comes out on 29th July. It’s been afun experience as I’ve met some wonderful bookworms, bloggers poets and authors.

If there is one book marketing strategy you have found to work for you, what is it?
Tell everyone you know.Word of mouth is an incredible thing.

What advice do you have for authors and those that are willing to be one?
Write for yourself. It doesn’t matter if your style doesn’t fit the current trend or if some circles won’t consider it “goodwriting.” Write because you want to, and write whatever the hell you want.Writing is not a way to fit in or please others. It’s one of the very few things in the world that allows the liberty to be true to yourself.

--
"ONE CHOICE CAN CHANGE THE FATE OF TWO WORLDS"
'HEARTBOUND' is almost here! pre-order your copy now: http://amzn.to/1MiHTyb
permalink • reply with quote
6/20/2016 8:14:57 AM

Mike Jones
Congrats!
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » How to... » My First Published Novel