Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » How do I...? » Advice re publishing a book

Ask PoetrySoup Members how to do something or find something on PoetrySoup.
1/30/2011 7:17:12 PM

kristen bruni
Hello everyone...my name is Kristen Bruni, i've been with Poetry Soup for quite a while now. I have recently been asked to write a poetry book about the journey of artists to this Land of Dreams, and all the trials and tribulations and wonderful adventures that comes along with it. A book by someone who has seen and done it all. I worked as a stand in for Jennifer Aniston and have done movies , theater, commericals...you name it. I want the book to be comedic with a serious undertone. Something all of us here can relate to . I have many people on board already and a good literary agent. What I am struggling with is the theme /poetry form to use. I am very good at rhyming, which most people love. But am a huge fan of Billy Collins and Charles Bukowski. Free verse. Should I stick to one form or show different ones depending on the poem? I can submit a few different styles for feedback if that will help. I really could use opinions...i'm good at both styles. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I look forward to hearing from anybody on a stradegy.

Thanks so much for your support.

Kristen Bruni
permalink • reply with quote
4/15/2011 12:20:52 AM

kelleyana junique
Kristen, i think you should not stick to just one form. Use your creativity. Do free verse, Retourne, rhyme etc so that it fits everyone. i think you should start it off by using free verse , then try to create some mystery, let the reader wonder what's next...
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » How do I...? » Advice re publishing a book