Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » This Is Me

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
11/22/2010 7:20:23 AM

Amanda Smith
Hey everyone,
My name is Amanda and I am sixteen years old. I've been writing poems for a while and I found out two years ago that I have social anxiety and depression which will prevent me from going out into public places and actually speaking to people. I know you're all thinking, "Suck it up, other people have what you have and they can do things." but that's what I thought too. I've tried to do many things but I pass out before I get to do them and I am rushed to the hospital. I made a list of things that I want to do before I die and I am determined to cross each one off my list. One of the things on my list was to get at least one of my poems published, that's why I joined this site. I know that I will never be able to read my poems out loud to people, so I thought having other people read them was the next best thing. Let me know how you feel about them.

- Amanda
permalink • reply with quote
11/23/2010 3:29:48 PM

Samantha Brown
Hi Amanda, opening a window when a closed door blocks your path is a masterful choice. Public speaking will come in time, if it continues to be a desire. For now, allowing yourself to mature in your own time is, to me, the wisest step towards the reaching of this goal. Good for you, and best of everything on your journey.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » This Is Me