Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Introducing myself--Mari Sloan

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
11/19/2010 9:41:46 AM

Mari Sloan
Most of the time I introduce myself by explaining that I was born into a family of eccentrics and visionaries. We have all been writing for several generations, but I am the family's first published author. BEAUFORT FALLS, a fiction novel, is available for purchase online at all of the usual places, and for order by title and author from any of your favorite bookstores. Its sequel, ROAD TRIP, is with my editor, and will be available for purchase sometime next year.

I began my life in the Deep South, USA, Atlanta, Ga., but have transplanted to Southern California, which is a little like moving to another planet. After ten years I am beginning to understand the expression, "It is what it is," the Southern California motto. I live in a studio apartment with MSOM (My Sweet Old Man--my husband) and a large Maine Coon cat. This wonderful saint of a man is not my first husband, but he IS the keeper.

My writing life began with poetry, but I stopped writing it when I began writing my novels, only beginning again last year when I joined a wonderful website that is heavily into poetry. I found it was a quicker way to participate than writing my short stories, which are a great deal more trouble. I now am one of six editors of their magazine, and am loving every minute of it.

The best prose IS a form of poetry, so rediscovering it is fun. I'm looking forward to participating here, and don't read too much angst into my words. I'm a very happy old lady.

:-) Mari Sloan
edited by Mari Sloan on 11/19/2010
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » Introducing myself--Mari Sloan