Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Hello from Lyon, France!

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
4/22/2014 5:03:06 PM

Marco Bing
Bonjour tout le monde! (Hi all!). Its so nice to now be a part of community that really shares a common thread, and from where comes friendly feedback, smiles, winks and replies. I have only posted two poems in the past few days, but already I have found a few new poet friends.

There are so many wonderful works here to discover. I just hope I can find the time! Not only to manage work, two young girls, and reading poems, but then there's the 'writing' part also! I'm usually a late night owl; being at my creative best when all is dark and quiet, and my spot-lamp bent down towards the keyboard. MY moment!

Although from Lyon, France I am actually Australian by birth and upbringing. I have now been living in France for the past 16 years. I am bilingual, but my poetry is 'English only'. I do sometimes write in French, but it never turns out with the same sentiment as that from my native tongue (and most of you probably prefer it that way! ;-).

So like I said, it's great to be on-board. I have been writing poetry since I was about 18 years old, and now many years later (26 to be precise) I have decided to share them and make them public. I will try and post some of them here over the next few weeks. Some, of course, will remain private (for example, those ultra-private ones that were written by a love-smitten young Buck for female Bambis many moons ago. And to think that one girl burnt a whole box of my poems after I split up with her! OK, I was 21, and I did leave her for her best friend. Yes, I admit it was a complicated affair...) I digress. Back to Poetry Soup!

So now, other than a great big "Hello!", here's a question to all and willing:

I would like to post an Alexandrine poem in balanced six syllable cesurae (6/6=12). Under what category should this be posted?

Thank you for reading! Thank you for listening! A bientôt!

Marco
permalink • reply with quote
4/23/2014 12:38:14 PM

shaista aziz
Hi ! Reading ur intro was interestimg and best of luck for the next time . I too had a very heartfelt farewell frm my two fav teachers and my best frnd. Hope u will like my poetry .

--
YSonu
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » Hello from Lyon, France!