Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » All a dream

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
10/23/2010 12:19:16 AM

Jay J. Jurado
I am new here, new to poetry in general, and do not profess to be an expert in the subject. However, although my name is from old Spain, I am a Southerner, and my family (at least on one side) has been in Georgia since the late 1700s. I am a history major, going on to my masters degree, and for years before I even began college, I felt myself drawn to.. memory. I cannot let go of the past, the dreams deferred, the anguish of the lost, the ecstatic optimism of the hopeful. I write only when I am in great pain myself, which seems to happen whenever I relive my memories. I cannot let go of my memories, and I relive them in my dreams. These past experiences define who I am, and while they consume me, I write what they say, and hope they will fade away someday. Perhaps one day the painful, innane memories of a young man will fade away, but for the moment, I transcribe them when I am most afflicted, and occasionally wonder if they make any sense. Maybe they don't, but God has given me only this one life to live, and it is mine, and I will give it voice, and wonder someday, looking back on it all, if I used it properly.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Introductions » All a dream