You have an ad blocker! We understand, but...

PoetrySoup is a small privately owned website. Our means of support comes from advertising revenue. We want to keep PoetrySoup alive, make it better, and keep it free. Please support us by disabling your ad blocker on PoetrySoup. See how to enable ads while keeping your ad blocker active. Also, did you know you can become a PoetrySoup Lifetime Premium Member and block ads forever...while getting many more great features. Take a look! Thank you!
Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » How do I...? » Seeking advice

Ask PoetrySoup Members how to do something or find something on PoetrySoup.
10/22/2010 5:50:44 PM

RALPH TAYLOR
Are you familiar with Famous Poets in Talent, OR 97540? I entered my poem "Best Friend" in their contest. Their judges put it in the semi finals. Eligible for a Grand Prize of $1000.00. They offered to put the poem in their "Famous Poets of the Heartland" book. I also would receive a CD of my poem read by Shakespeare actor John Campbell "absolutely" free! The book cost $24.95 plus $5.00 shipping. Could this be a scam? Are they reputable? What do you guys think? I'm a little leery. Any advice? Thanks for reading this. Ralph
permalink • reply with quote
10/25/2010 7:17:47 AM

RALPH TAYLOR
I posted a question on 10/22/10. How do I known if it has been answered?
10/25/2010 7:19:48 AM

RALPH TAYLOR
I guess I should ask, where will the answer appear?
11/5/2010 1:58:56 PM

Robert L. Hinshaw
TSURT74 wrote:
Are you familiar with Famous Poets in Talent, OR 97540? I entered my poem "Best Friend" in their contest. Their judges put it in the semi finals. Eligible for a Grand Prize of $1000.00. They offered to put the poem in their "Famous Poets of the Heartland" book. I also would receive a CD of my poem read by Shakespeare actor John Campbell "absolutely" free! The book cost $24.95 plus $5.00 shipping. Could this be a scam? Are they reputable? What do you guys think? I'm a little leery. Any advice? Thanks for reading this. Ralph
1/20/2011 1:28:11 PM

Paula Larson
I want to E-mail a copy of a poem from my total list and all this allows me is to "edit" or "delete!"
There is no way to E-mail unless you can grab the
work from Current Postings, and that is not at all
possible from going back several years! Paula Larson
5/3/2011 7:37:43 PM

RALPH TAYLOR
How do I delete the poems I entered in contests but didn't place from the contest entered list?
5/3/2011 7:51:50 PM

RALPH TAYLOR
TSURT74 wrote:
How do I delete the poems I entered in contests but didn't place from the contest entered list?
5/4/2011 1:56:42 AM

kabuteng P.iNk k.
Hi Ralph-- I think you can do that by going to your Members Area--then "My Member Contest Entries" and from their you will see that list and you have options on the right to delete from the contest-- I hope this helps--btw as for that Famous Poets contest you mentioned-- sounds like a scam to me? Does google come up with anything about it? Sounds eerily like that Vanity site from before-- poetry.com or was that.org? They did the same thing but that was a huge scam as well... not saying this one is but highly likely that it is... hope this helps --
5/4/2011 2:02:06 AM

kabuteng P.iNk k.
SettlementPub wrote:
I want to E-mail a copy of a poem from my total list and all this allows me is to "edit" or "delete!"
There is no way to E-mail unless you can grab the
work from Current Postings, and that is not at all
possible from going back several years! Paula Larson

Hi Paula -- maybe you can try searching for that specific poem? Enter it in the search field -- could be easier to spot rather than sorting through all the pages of your poetry-- then once you find it, you can click on the "Send email" option--- I tried it out just now and it worked for me -
5/8/2011 4:07:18 PM

Samual Ronthorpe
Robert L. Hinshaw wrote:
TSURT74 wrote:

It is not a scam, as long as you don't mind spending the money. I did this a few years ago. The hardbound book is a nice quality book and has thousands of poems, makes for a good read. I would not put a lot of stock in the prize money, that probably won't happen. You will have a professional bound collection of poetry, in which yours is included. I never regretted buying the book and I still pick it up and read it often. Hope this helps.

Forum Home » How do I...? » Seeking advice