Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » How do I...? » Seeking advice

Ask PoetrySoup Members how to do something or find something on PoetrySoup.
10/22/2010 5:50:44 PM

RALPH TAYLOR
Are you familiar with Famous Poets in Talent, OR 97540? I entered my poem "Best Friend" in their contest. Their judges put it in the semi finals. Eligible for a Grand Prize of $1000.00. They offered to put the poem in their "Famous Poets of the Heartland" book. I also would receive a CD of my poem read by Shakespeare actor John Campbell "absolutely" free! The book cost $24.95 plus $5.00 shipping. Could this be a scam? Are they reputable? What do you guys think? I'm a little leery. Any advice? Thanks for reading this. Ralph
permalink • reply with quote
10/25/2010 7:17:47 AM

RALPH TAYLOR
I posted a question on 10/22/10. How do I known if it has been answered?
10/25/2010 7:19:48 AM

RALPH TAYLOR
I guess I should ask, where will the answer appear?
11/5/2010 1:58:56 PM

Robert L. Hinshaw
TSURT74 wrote:
Are you familiar with Famous Poets in Talent, OR 97540? I entered my poem "Best Friend" in their contest. Their judges put it in the semi finals. Eligible for a Grand Prize of $1000.00. They offered to put the poem in their "Famous Poets of the Heartland" book. I also would receive a CD of my poem read by Shakespeare actor John Campbell "absolutely" free! The book cost $24.95 plus $5.00 shipping. Could this be a scam? Are they reputable? What do you guys think? I'm a little leery. Any advice? Thanks for reading this. Ralph
1/20/2011 1:28:11 PM

Paula Larson
I want to E-mail a copy of a poem from my total list and all this allows me is to "edit" or "delete!"
There is no way to E-mail unless you can grab the
work from Current Postings, and that is not at all
possible from going back several years! Paula Larson
5/3/2011 7:37:43 PM

RALPH TAYLOR
How do I delete the poems I entered in contests but didn't place from the contest entered list?
5/3/2011 7:51:50 PM

RALPH TAYLOR
TSURT74 wrote:
How do I delete the poems I entered in contests but didn't place from the contest entered list?
5/4/2011 1:56:42 AM

kabuteng P.iNk k.
Hi Ralph-- I think you can do that by going to your Members Area--then "My Member Contest Entries" and from their you will see that list and you have options on the right to delete from the contest-- I hope this helps--btw as for that Famous Poets contest you mentioned-- sounds like a scam to me? Does google come up with anything about it? Sounds eerily like that Vanity site from before-- poetry.com or was that.org? They did the same thing but that was a huge scam as well... not saying this one is but highly likely that it is... hope this helps --
5/4/2011 2:02:06 AM

kabuteng P.iNk k.
SettlementPub wrote:
I want to E-mail a copy of a poem from my total list and all this allows me is to "edit" or "delete!"
There is no way to E-mail unless you can grab the
work from Current Postings, and that is not at all
possible from going back several years! Paula Larson

Hi Paula -- maybe you can try searching for that specific poem? Enter it in the search field -- could be easier to spot rather than sorting through all the pages of your poetry-- then once you find it, you can click on the "Send email" option--- I tried it out just now and it worked for me -
5/8/2011 4:07:18 PM

Samual Ronthorpe
Robert L. Hinshaw wrote:
TSURT74 wrote:

It is not a scam, as long as you don't mind spending the money. I did this a few years ago. The hardbound book is a nice quality book and has thousands of poems, makes for a good read. I would not put a lot of stock in the prize money, that probably won't happen. You will have a professional bound collection of poetry, in which yours is included. I never regretted buying the book and I still pick it up and read it often. Hope this helps.

Forum Home » How do I...? » Seeking advice