You have an ad blocker! We understand, but...

PoetrySoup is a small privately owned website. Our means of support comes from advertising revenue. We want to keep PoetrySoup alive, make it better, and keep it free. Please support us by disabling your ad blocker on PoetrySoup. See how to enable ads while keeping your ad blocker active. Also, did you know you can become a PoetrySoup Lifetime Premium Member and block ads forever...while getting many more great features. Take a look! Thank you!
Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » apologys

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
8/28/2010 7:23:36 PM

lewis scott
Hello everyone, I want to apologize for posting so many poems in such a short time. I just love the fact that I can share my thoughts and emotions with other people who have the same passion for writing. When I was in High School I had to write a poem in my literature class, this was the first time I had ever even thought about writing. Well, I wrote a poem and turned it in and my teacher tore it up and threw it in the trash, saying there was no way I had written it and that I had to have copied it from somewhere. That teacher has no idea what that did to me. I started skipping school, got into drugs and booze, and a whole lot of trouble. I married in my early twenties and then divorced after twenty four years. I married again and it only lasted two years, then I met Patricia on-line. She too had divorced after a long marriage. Patricia brought out my passion for writing again. all the poems I posted but one, were written to her. Actually, The light was written to her also, just many years before I met her. Patricia had haunted my dreams since I was seven years old and I knew when I seen her pic that she was the woman I had spent forty years dreaming of every night. I had looked deep into those eyes many, many nights. I could never give myself completely to anyone untill we walked into one anothers arms. All of my poems, and I have a lot more, are about her.
permalink • reply with quote
8/28/2010 8:18:09 PM

Francine Roberts
your bio is as romantic as your poetry, thats just wonderful, I am so glad you have found a soul mate, maybe theres hope for me yet
8/29/2010 5:34:50 PM

maya zee
whew... hoping good luck to patrica may ur love grow each day. and u write more and more poems...

Forum Home » Introductions » apologys