Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Greetings All

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
11/8/2013 12:49:25 PM

Ostin McLahne
Hello everyone. A little bit about myself I suppose. I am currently a college student majoring in Aerospace Engineering. I am from Iowa. I love anything and everything that goes fast, or anything that would worry my mother. I have been dabbling in poetry since my freshman year of high school, nothing serious. It was mostly my cheesy attempts to "woo" girls haha. I had mixed success with this practice. I have recently started to try and get back into it a little.

Anywho, if you have any more questions feel free to ask!
permalink • reply with quote
11/8/2013 4:52:49 PM

Just That Archaic Poet
Salutations, Austin/Ostin! I hope you are liking The Soup and I hope everyone is being friendly, warm and welcoming. Happy to hear you are interested in getting back into poetry. What kind of poetry do you enjoy and what kind do you write? As I tell everyone new person to the site, I know what it's like to be the new kid in class so if you have any questions or if I can be of any help, just let me know; always happy to help a new Souper!
~Chan aka JustThatArchaicPoet
edited by JustLivingLies on 11/8/2013
11/11/2013 7:56:13 AM

Ostin McLahne
I certainly will ask if I have any questions, and I was mostly into sonnets, limericks and haikus. Though I have dabbled in everything.
As to the two different names thing, it is all about a dispute between my parents and my grandparents. My grandparents wanted my name to be Ostin, after an ancestor. My parents chose Austin, the more modern version of the name. A little friction was caused by this.

Forum Home » Introductions » Greetings All