Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq
Don't Post Poetry Here!!! Talk about anything or need a shoulder to cry on? Share your thoughts and emotions here:
10/7/2013 11:52:32 AM

Just That Archaic Poet
I'm a griper; I like to gripe...and rant. Something is bothering me and, being blunt to a fault, will just come right out and say it: the "forum" is getting to be a "ghost town", and I don't understand why, given there are so many of us. I've only belonged to the Soup for a few months now, and perhaps I have no right or entitlement to say this, but I feel like the senior members and the most prolific posters are not taking time to adequately contribute to the forum. The "Critique" forums, especially, I feel are being neglected. I see people posting, wanting feedback yet very little (if any) is given. When people make introductions, there should be a hundred others welcoming a new poet into our fold. It saddens and disheartens me that, given the warmth and encouragement I've received outside the forum, that the same amount cannot be put into the forum. I try to be as helpful as I can be. Even though I am still pretty new around here, I try to take as an active role as I can, not for some kind of recognition or "glory", but because I believe in The Soup; I fervently believe it's the best poetry site on the net and it's up to us, ALL of us, to keep it that way. Even if we all took some time, one day a week even, to peruse the forum and make it a more lively place, then we are all making necessary contributions to make sure that The Soup remains the best site on the web for poets. End of rant.
permalink • reply with quote