Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Poetry Everything » My poems

Discuss your favorite poems, poets, and poetry books - analysis, ideas, hidden meanings, random thoughts, etc.
6/2/2013 9:25:32 AM

Terry Burns
Hello all my fellow poets. I have noticed that some of my poems do not get very many responses. Some get overwhelming responses. I believe that most of my poems are well written and I sometimes am puzzled as to why some get much better responses than others. I like to write on a variety of different subjects and sometimes I can be silly or totally serious. My serious poems often do reflect how I really feel about something or reflect an event in my life but not always. Poems like I'm in the doghouse now is really more of a silly song and does not reflect my life. Poems like the staircase reflect my belief in God and poems like O'er the battlements I do roam are poems to honor veterans because I like my father am a veteran and I hold a high regard to all veterans as I hold a high regard toward God. I like to write on a variety of subjects so as not to become a one subject poet. Although most of my poetry comes from the heart some of it I just write on a whim just to keep things light. So if I write a poem that makes me seem like a bad person like my poem, While you were out, just know I am being silly and it is not how I really am. I do not always answer comments about my poems on a timely basis as I am a pretty busy person at the moment trying to work and finish my degree in business but I will visit you once I get a free moment. I have only a week left before I am done so after that I should be able to respond more quickly. I look forward to everyones visit and God bless.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Poetry Everything » My poems