Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » High Critique » What a waste

For poets who want unrestricted constructive criticism. This is NOT a vanity workshop. If you do not want your poem seriously critiqued, do not post here. Constructive criticism only. PLEASE Only Post One Poem a Day!!!
6/28/2010 11:10:42 AM

Michael Gelb
I found poetrysoup and I wanted to share my poems. I was told by people my poems were good. I posted 12 poems. I don’t know how many times they were viewed but only 2 poems received one comment each. Then you have people post a bunch of one line sayings like “I hate you” and “I hate poetrysoup” and with all there crap it pushes my poems and other good poems off the first page and I guess never to be seen again. And it looks like the pm’s read and comment the pm’s.
permalink • reply with quote
6/29/2010 12:24:42 AM

Charles Henderson
Michael, Chris is right. We all like to see our poems hang up on the 200 list for as long as possible, but sometimes when a half dozen or so put up 20/25 poems each the page just flies by. Do your name search so all your poems will come up with their comments. If you still have eight with no comments, just pull them up on your "my poems" page and delete them off. Then put maybe four or five back on around 8 pm eastern time. Do that again the next day for the rest and unless we have some more crazies like the other day, you should get some comments. Also, right after you put your first ones on, go in and read about 20 poems and make comments. That will at least get the people you comment on, to look for your poems. At which time they will read and usually comment. Another thing is to get into some contests so your name will be in front of more people. That is a lot more effective than being on the 200 list. It also shows how you write under pressure because most of these contests by members don't take but a few days to fill up. So, you have to write about some specific thing when you have all your other crap on your mind. It's a lot tougher than being able to sit back and wait for an inspirational moment. Good luck and don't be disheartened by the other day. Charles Henderson

--
Chaz
6/29/2010 5:49:02 AM

Michael Gelb
I will try redoing. I’m 69 years old and my poems
come to me because my wife died in 2009
Thank you guys
6/30/2010 9:26:04 AM

Lisa Cole
writing is a funny thing...some of us need to express inner turmoil, some of us don't, some of us are talented some of us aren't..but in who's opinion? Poetry is an art and will speak to the people it is meant to speak to. Don't get too hung up on being rated, the beauty is in having a song to sing and an outlet for your desires, needs, hopes and hurts. Blessings xx
edited by YEMANYA on 6/30/2010
6/30/2010 5:09:38 PM

Daniel Corcoran
the problem with this site is that if you don't comment on other peoples poetry you rarely get comments on your own.
6/30/2010 7:16:54 PM

Michael Gelb
I’m not a poet so I hate doing a bad comment because I don’t understand the poem. I don’t want to give a good comment to suck up to get a comment.
Can you explain how a PM poet lists a poem with 3 (three) lines and gets 65 views with 13 comments.
I post 12 poems my shortest poem is 12 lines. Between them all I totaled about 175 views with a total of 5 comments
6/30/2010 11:04:41 PM

Robb A. Kopp
I don't usually frequent the "IDK" stack.However, you free verse titled to my wife is beautiful.
Applause
7/1/2010 5:51:53 AM

Michael Gelb
masterartisan wrote:
I don't usually frequent the "IDK" stack.However, you free verse titled to my wife is beautiful.
Applause

Thank you, Michael
7/8/2010 9:25:11 AM

anthony beesley
YEMANYA wrote:
writing is a funny thing...some of us need to express inner turmoil, some of us don't, some of us are talented some of us aren't..but in who's opinion? Poetry is an art and will speak to the people it is meant to speak to. Don't get too hung up on being rated, the beauty is in having a song to sing and an outlet for your desires, needs, hopes and hurts. Blessings xx
edited by YEMANYA on 6/30/2010

--
anthony beesley
7/8/2010 9:26:57 AM

anthony beesley
beauty is in the eye of the beholder from war into peace victim to soldier
just give me that exposure

--
anthony beesley

Forum Home » High Critique » What a waste