Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Love and Romance » Looking for more than what I am finding

Don't Post Poetry Here!!! Seeking relationship advice, romantic ideas or just want to express your feeling - Post Here!
11/15/2012 9:58:09 PM

Courtney Courtney
I just can't seem to find someone who fits into my idea of who I want to be with, do I try to rearrange my life to accomidate, readjust my values, or bend over backwards to blurr the reflection of what seems to be available. Puzzled
permalink • reply with quote
12/25/2012 8:34:38 AM

Edward Orozco
Life is like that you must embrace n b thankful for wat you have or can find Gods plan is always better than ours..

--
Edward
12/28/2012 1:49:40 PM

Lemonia Sims
I feel u all the way. I have not been in the right relationship with the right person yet. I have not found one loving mate yet in all my relationships and I have came to realize I'm not going to meet that right person until I get right.

--
Lemonia Sims
1/13/2013 2:12:43 AM

greg bell
it says no poetry here well thats not cool. im sure advice is nothing but poetry. You are never going to find the right person try the left person. Dont seek that person will find you in due time.
12/14/2013 8:44:52 AM

Ifeanyi Bob Ekechukwu
You have to learn to compromise in order to have a blissful and meaningful relationship,is not all about bending bcos if u bend,u wil stil not b satisfied at the long run its all about understanding....patience pays

--
Donbob
4/18/2014 2:05:51 PM

Mark J. Halliday
I heard in a discussion about dating back in the 80s this idea: Instead of focusing on finding MR or MS Right, focus your efforts on becoming MR or MS Right. I found that very wise. Another good piece of advice I had heard was to try to meet people while doing something somewhere that you enjoy doing, that way you already start with a common interest. With this in mind, avoid looking for the right person in places like bars. If your religious, make friends with girl/guys in church. If your some type of profession-geek, make contacts in that crowd. The advice worked for me 24 years ago. I was visiting Paris, and met my wife in one of my denomination's chapels in Paris, which was not inconvenient because I speak French and lived on an Army base in West Germany at the time.
5/23/2014 6:51:44 AM

Robert Lindley
Being the right person will lead you to finding the right person. I found mine ten years ago after a failed 4 year and later a failed 22 year marriage and my right person was on the other side of the planet! Never give up and think positive!
2/25/2022 8:11:16 AM

Dave Collins
courtneyrx wrote:
I just can't seem to find someone who fits into my idea of who I want to be with, do I try to rearrange my life to accomidate, readjust my values, or bend over backwards to blurr the reflection of what seems to be available. Puzzled
2/25/2022 8:14:36 AM

Dave Collins
The more expectations u place on something/someone, the more likely u will be disappointed. Relax and let it come to u. Accept a person for who they are and what they have to offer or walk away. Read the 4 Agreements, by Ruiz. Take care.

Forum Home » Love and Romance » Looking for more than what I am finding