You have an ad blocker! We understand, but...

PoetrySoup is a small privately owned website. Our means of support comes from advertising revenue. We want to keep PoetrySoup alive, make it better, and keep it free. Please support us by disabling your ad blocker on PoetrySoup. See how to enable ads while keeping your ad blocker active. Thank you!

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Introductions » Hii! I'm new here! :D

New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
6/12/2010 8:31:44 AM

Marissa Faries
Hello! My name is Marissa but I like spelling my name Mariisa (pronounced Mah-ree-sah).

I am not a new poet or a beginner or whatever. I've been writing poems since I was 11 years old turning 12 (and right now I am 16 years old). I've always had so many inspirational thoughts and sentences flowing in my mind and fortunately I was able to express both my depressive and happy feelings through poetry.

If you were to surf the internet and find the usernames "xXmariisa23Xx", "Arissaries", "bleusirene86", "A R I S S A R I E S", let me just tell you that all those usernames are me/mine! I am stating this because I do not want confusion and questioning on whether my poems are really mine. They truly are mine and I am not lying. I just tend to post them everywhere on the forums and sites I have those usernames on.

I've written 75 poems from 12 years old to now. I am going to post all of them here on PoetrySoup because it is a nice site and I would like to store my poetry somewhere so I will never truly lose them. I have the original documented files of the poems and have them printed out, but I just want to preserve them on websites to find later.

I also appreciate comments, ratings, and readings of my poems. So, as a request, I'd love it if you were to read my poetry. :3

Anyway... some other things about me would be that I like Japanese animation (anime) and comic books (manga). I am a Canadian Native American and I am interested in other cultures and countries. I also believe in God and the Trinity, reincarnation, tarot, astrology, and numerology.

I hope to have a nice time here on PoetrySoup. ~Mariisa
permalink • reply with quote
6/14/2010 9:03:30 AM

Patricia Gregory
WELCOME to Poetry Soup!!! I will be looking out for your work.
6/14/2010 11:20:56 AM

Chris D. Aechtner
A warm welcome to Poetrysoup! I will check out your poetry. Chris

Forum Home » Introductions » Hii! I'm new here! :D