You have an ad blocker! We understand, but...

PoetrySoup is a small privately owned website. Our means of support comes from advertising revenue. We want to keep PoetrySoup alive, make it better, and keep it free. Please support us by disabling your ad blocker on PoetrySoup. See how to enable ads while keeping your ad blocker active. Also, did you know you can become a PoetrySoup Lifetime Premium Member and block ads forever...while getting many more great features. Take a look! Thank you!
Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » Poetry Everything » Hate isn't washing away....

Discuss your favorite poems, poets, and poetry books - analysis, ideas, hidden meanings, random thoughts, etc.
9/6/2012 11:31:43 AM

Maura McGregor
I'm just going to come out with it and say exactly what it is that I've been focusing on besides the usual death, love, abortion, politics of my poetry. My ex-boyfriend of three years left me last July and admitted he'd been cheating on me for 4 months (well he said a few weeks, found out it was four months). He left me for her. He left me and was engaged to her less then 2 months later, and less then five months later -- they were married. Her second marriage, divorced at 22 and remarried at 23...ugh. Anyhow, since he lied to me and never told me sorry, ever, even though I didn't do anything wrong -- I just can't get over my anger and hatred. I live near them and we live in a smaller city, so it drives me nuts. I can't talk to friends/family anymore because they're totally sick of hearing about the two of these people.

Did I mention I'm happily engaged and getting married next June myself?

WHY AM I SO ANGRY WITH THIS GUY?!! UGH.
permalink • reply with quote

Forum Home » Poetry Everything » Hate isn't washing away....