Here is a challenge for you . . . . a puzzle to unravel and make beautiful
What to Submit?
1. New poems
2. Dated - May 23 - June 23, 2018
3. Title will be the THEME chosen
4. You MUST follow the presention, rhyme pattern and syllables below
My example- you do not have to highlight words unless wanted
From now on- I will not fear my night dream,
will let the awful and dreadful linger;
and no matter how bad I will not scream,
at the inner sadness that must flicker.
I will seek a place blue,
with trees a deep green hue;
will not deny the true,
deep within me.
Oh, never free-
Whisper your plea;
till the muttering retreats- Call my name,
and though shattered, I am filled with hunger-
on fragile wings I come to where you flew,
to grief I flee . . .
1. A 10 syllables
2. B 10 syllables
3. A 10 syllables
4. Indent 5 spaces B 10 syllables
5. Indent 5 spaces C 6 syllables
6. Indent 5 spaces C 6 syllables
7. Indent 5 spaces C 6 syllables
8. Indent 28 spaces D 4 syllables
9. Indent 8 spaces D 4 syllables
10. Indent 10 spaces D 4 syllables
11. A 10 syllables
12. B 10 syllables
13. C 10 syllables
14. D Indent 28 spaces 4 syllables
To maintain the presentation you must left align your poem, so no centering. I am very forgiving with rhyming but it must rhyme.
5. The theme options are: 6. Words to use:
Pick ONE only In any order
Include in poem. Once only
1. The muttering retreats 1. dreadful
2. This is mortality 2. blue
3. Above a stream 3. fragile
4. His old clothes 4. shattered
5. Unpurged sad memories 5. whisper
At bottom, Date, Contest name and Contest sponsor.
Contact me by soupmail if you have any questions.