Famous Sensuality Poems by Famous Poets
These are examples of famous Sensuality poems written by some of the greatest and most-well-known modern and classical poets. PoetrySoup is a great educational poetry resource of famous sensuality poems. These examples illustrate what a famous sensuality poem looks like and its form, scheme, or style (where appropriate).
by Yeats, William Butler
...mong the broken stone,
And dedicate - eyes bent upon the ground,
Back turned upon the brightness of the sun
And all the sensuality of the shade -
A moment's memory to that laurelled head....Read More
by Boland, Eavan
...Let no love poem ever come to this threshold.
There is no place here for the inexact
praise of the easy graces and sensuality of the body.
There is only time for this merciless inventory:
Their death together in the winter of 1847.
Also what they suffered. How they lived.
And what there is between a man and a woman.
And in which darkness it can best be proved....Read More
by Lawrence, D. H.
...The profoundest of all sensualities
is the sense of truth
and the next deepest sensual experience
is the sense of justice....Read More
...what I have told you; and accustom yourself to overcome and vanquish these passions:--
10. First gluttony, sloth, sensuality, and anger.
11. Do nothing evil, neither in the presence of others, nor privately;
12. But above all things respect yourself.
13. In the next place, observe justice in your actions and in your words.
14. And do not accustom yourself to behave yourself in any thing without rule, and without reason.
15. But a...Read More
Dont forget to view our wonderful member Sensuality poems.