[n] a rough preliminary model
[n] a coarse plaster for the surface of external walls
[v] shape roughly
[v] hew roughly, without finishing the surface; "rough-hew stone or timber"
[v] apply roughcast to (as of a wall)
daub, forge, form, hew, hew out, model, mold, mould, plaster, plaster, shape, simulation, work
\Rough`cast"\, v. t.
1. To form in its first rudiments, without revision, correction, or polish. --Dryden.
2. To mold without nicety or elegance; to form with asperities and inequalities.
3. To plaster with a mixture of lime and shells or pebbles; as, to roughcast a building.
1. A rude model; the rudimentary, unfinished form of a thing.
2. A kind of plastering made of lime, with a mixture of shells or pebbles, used for covering buildings. --Shak.