[n] the act that results in something coming to be; "the devising of plans"; "the fashioning of pots and pans"; "the making of measurements"; "it was already in the making"
1. The act of one who makes; workmanship; fabrication; construction; as, this is cloth of your own making; the making of peace or war was in his power.
2. Composition, or structure.
3. a poem. [Obs.] --Sir J. Davies.
4. That which establishes or places in a desirable state or condition; the material of which something may be made; as, early misfortune was the making of him.
5. External appearance; from. [Obs.] --Shak.