The New Tyrants
And so there are the new tyrants
- And who are the distinguished?
The moguls who benefited from TARP
- The cries for help can not be extinguished
Who hoarded monies and increased their penalties
- Further, insulting the American public
Lopping on still more late interest penalties
- We once were an admired republic
Now, are children are but homeless
- Who can bear to hear them weep?
The price that’s been paid is senseless
- Many knew the problems ran deep
Denial became a common theme
- And so is gone the American Dream
Copyright © Caroline Russ | Year Posted 2009