Not Any Suns
Well, I wonder if this type of a poem would be a new type of poem, for example, DUET
- My Beautiful One, I've heard it said animals love you unconditionally,
- Yes, falling in love with me seems to come to them naturally,
- Well, how many of them are allowed in?
- None! Coz they all have committed a great sin
- One of the seven deadly sins?
- No, none of them committed one of those sins,
But at the very beginning,
they pretended to be pet animals
then there was a temptation to be cannibals
That’s why, for lovers who turn to be animals,
there’s a lifetime ban
especially for my biggest fan
- Oh, My God! Why? Why? Doesn’t my light flood into your heart?
- You have made a disappointing start
coz you thought I was a fresh apple tart
- Oh, no! Such a thought fills me with dread
- Also, with such a stupid thought your whole face should turn red
- Hmmmm. As far as I understand, your heart is already dead
- Well, in a sense, but I would suggest saying,
even if there are those who don’t know how to love,
not any suns in hearts set,
- C’mon! No one is completely without sin,
- True, but for me, le film d’animation est fin
Copyright © MESUT GOKTAS | Year Posted 2022
Poetrysoup is an environment of encouragement and growth so only provide specific positive comments that indicate what you appreciate about the poem.
to post a comment