Get Your Premium Membership

'I GO ON AN ALL OUT ATTACK'

My illness sometimes pushes me, I decide to push it back My illness fails to retaliate because I go on an all out attack My mission is pure and simple, I pride myself on dedication Fighting back requires 95 percent, the other 5 percent is my medication I've worked tirelessly hard these past few months to get into this position I'm positive, I never give up, I'm full of hope and ambition My message is simple, I'm here to help, fellow warriors you're not alone In order for each one of you to grow, you must first leave your comfort zone Set yourself some targets, it's so crucial that you have a goal Developing strength, heart, fight and hope helps you to climb out of a hole In order for me to remain well, I must have a plan in place I must be tactile, I must be precise, It's important I stay in the race The distance between me and depression is increasing in length every day When it comes to the message I am telling my peers, I know exactly what to say Each poem I write is a weapon, each word the ammunition My aim is true, it pulls me through as a much welcomed addition Do not get me wrong my friends, I will pay if I get complacent I'm calculated with each move I make, I must not get impatient There's nothing special about me, I just refuse to quit I have passed the acid test, I've proved that I'm mentally fit Poetry is such a powerful tool, it allows me to express myself Each poem I write tops up my mind and promotes sound mental health Before I wrap this up, there is something I'd like to say This poem is for my peers, I hope it's brightened up your day

Copyright © | Year Posted 2022




Post Comments

Poetrysoup is an environment of encouragement and growth so only provide specific positive comments that indicate what you appreciate about the poem.

Please Login to post a comment

Date: 11/30/2022 8:37:00 AM
This is great , I am praying for you my friend, you are very talented in your writing, it comes from the heart and fight within you, your soul that seeks that peace and love not of this world, to many allow this wicked world to turn them into something they are not and happiness will never be found,. Love yourself first and be who you are
Login to Reply