Introducing myself

Posted by Jim Doute on 7/3/2026 8:23:08 AM
I've been writing for like forever. I started back in 1965, but most were never read by anyone but my family. I've only recently started to seriously write. But after reading some of the other poems, I wonder if I belong here. But I do think that a poem not read is just a collection of words.

Login to post a reply or subscribe

Replies

Comment by on 10/1/2026 10:15:06 PM

I think the same holds true for creative endeavors as well. It may be a poem, a sketch, or a tattoo. All of them acquire greater meaning when they reach out to other people who experience their value and beauty. I feel that a perfect tattoo should contain a personal story and provide an artist with an opportunity to materialize his thoughts. For me, the creative process itself and the communication with the author of the idea are equally important. For more info visit: https://speckitattoo.com/

Get a Premium Membership
Turn off ads, get more exposure for your poetry, and get more features with a Premium Membership.
Book: Diverse Voices: The Poetry of Human Rights and the Pursuit of Peace