What to Submit?
1 original, poem on the theme of
1) Both, old and new poems are accepted.
2) Any metrical form is accepted. Please state the metrical form your poem follows.(Under your entry).
3) Please state your user name under the poem.
I value metrical correctness and consistency, philosophical content, originality, theme inventiveness and poetic elegance.
1) metrical correctness and consistency = I prefer forms with uniformly metered lines. For example: "Iambic pentameter" "Iambic tetrameter". Please avoid mixed metered forms.
2) philosophical content = I value the element of pensiveness in the poem as long as it is not trite.
3) I equally value frolic, jazzy, sensual and emotional contents.
4) originality = the term here, is related to "model".
5) theme inventiveness = be bold and courageous. It is poetically more impressive to date a vampire in your composition, than to describe an ashtray full of cigarette butts. :) (rough example).
6) poetic elegance = it's up to you. A philosophical concept that depicts class and style.
The above (1 to 6) are not necessary conditions, but certainly are appreciable.
Preparing Your Entry
Submit one copy of your poem online. Format your poem. Please make your entry easy to read — no illustrations or fancy fonts.
Poems should be in English. Poems translated from other languages are not eligible, unless you wrote both the original poem and the translation.
A Note to Poetry Contestants
You are welcome to enter this contest, whether or not you won a prize in one of my previous contests.