See also: About PoetrySoup
BY USING THE SITE, REGISTERING AS A USER OR CONTRIBUTING ANY CONTENT, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. This is a legal agreement between you and PoetrySoup. "You" refers to the person using the Site. If the Site is being used on behalf of an entity by a representative using the Site or Content on behalf of such entity, then "you" also refers to such entity.
We work very hard to maintain a certain environment here at PoetrySoup. We work hard to keep PoetrySoup a haven, a refuge from external troubles, and a place of poetic encouragement and growth for both adults AND children. As a result, here are some important things for ALL Soupers to keep in mind.
See also: About PoetrySoup
- While we respect our Poets' freedom of expression, there are certain subjects and content that will not be allowed on PoetrySoup. Posting poems containing this content will result in deletion of your poetry and possible membership suspension for repeat offenders. Examples of unacceptable content or subjects are:
- Sexually Explicit (X-Rated) Language
- Profanity (Curse Words or Abbreviated Curse Words)
- Nasty Comments (E.g. "This is CRAP!!!")
- Name Calling
- Satanic Occultism
- Personal Attacks, Battles, or Slamming Soup Members
- Do not use or suggest a member's name or initials, etc. in poems, blogs, or comments - unless it is positive!!!
- Hateful Expressions (E.g. "I should have killed her")
- PoetrySoup will do its best to periodically monitor the contents of the poems and blogs etc to ensure they remain in good taste. The definition of "good taste" is at the discretion of PoetrySoup. Anything (member or post) that is deemed harmful to the PoetrySoup community will be removed. The following is prohibited: Posting of content that is unlawful, malicious, misleading, defamatory, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- As you can see, PoetrySoup restricts certain content. If you do not like these rules, DO NOT JOIN. PoetrySoup may not be the place for you. There are many poetry websites to choose from. However, or standards will not change. PoetrySoup is a private website (just like your home is private) we open it to the public as long as our standards are upheld.
- Service can be terminated or suspended at any time and without notice. PoetrySoup reserves the right to do for any reason. If service is terminated, no further access will be allowed to the offending member. Posted works and accounts can be deleted without notice. (Offending blogs, poems, or comments etc. are deleted immediately).
- Be courteous and contribute positively. If you’re not contributing to the community in a positive manner, we reserve the right to temporarily or permanently close your account...without notice.
- TROLLS, FLOODING, AND SPAMMERS BEWARE. Trolling, flooding (posting multiple posts of the same thing), and spamming interferes with operation of our site. A type of spamming or flooding is the posting or sending of multiple items (comment, emails, advertisements, poems, blogs, etc), of the same content and often intended to inflame or disrupt the general tranquility of a community. Those who troll or spam are trespassing on our network. We reserve the right to take any and all legal and technical remedies to prevent trolling and spamming of our network.
- You man not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person, group or entity.
- Protect anonymity. Members are not permitted collect or store personal data about other users. Additionally, you cannot solicit personally identifiable information from other members or disclose another member’s identity without their written permission.
- Do not share private messages, like Soup Mail, publicly (I.E. on blogs, comments, poems, etc.)
- Members are expected to post ORIGINAL work only. Using another's work without proper acknowledgment or permission and copyrighting it as your own, is plagiarism, which is a crime. Any members suspected of plagiarism are immediately removed.
- Member acknowledges that due to the nature of the Internet that there are no guarantees of privacy. Soupmail, comments, etc. can be accessed in cases of bullying or personal threats. In these cases, PoetrySoup will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.
- You may only have one PoetrySoup account.
- Remember, people have different opinions. That does not make them wrong. Be considerate of other's opinions.
- Because PoetrySoup is a public forum, the contents, thoughts and ideas expressed in individual poems may not reflect the ideology of PoetrySoup.
- Members may use this Web site to advertise or generate business for oneself. PoetrySoup will forward potential buyers of your Poetry to your email address only. You will then need to contact them.
- The poems on this site must be entered by the poets themselves. By submitting a poem, the poet agrees to allow PoetrySoup and affiliated sister websites to publish their poem online.
- Poems are published on this site purely for the purpose of wholesome reading pleasure and with good intentions. If a Poet does not have legal rights to the poem they have posted on PoetrySoup, it will be removed immediately. We guarantee to fulfill such demands within 48 hours. (PoetrySoup reserves the right to investigate whether the person submitting that demand is authorized to do so or not).
- There is no promise, no guarantee, and no warranty that display will be continually available or that works will be stored indefinitely. Members are advised to store their works elsewhere and not to depend on PoetrySoup for storage.
- PoetrySoup reserves the right to use contact information, including email addresses, from each member to contact him or her about special PoetrySoup offers, membership notices, news, and like activities. General PoetrySoup emails are sent to members about once every two weeks.
- Individual contact information is not shared. However, complete member databases, NOT including email addresses, may be accessed by affiliated websites.
- A member must keep an active e-mail and residential address on file at PoetrySoup at all times; failure of which can result in service termination.
- Patronage or donations to the site is not a guarantee of membership.
- PoetrySoup reserves the right to change any of the terms and condition of use and membership at any time, without notice.