Most Recent Blog Post
Help...Advice on camping please :)
Blog Posted:9/29/2011 10:59:00 PM
So my husband comes home and says, "Guess what...we're going camping!" So I said, "So are you taking me to that dive on the beach in San Diego again?" It's a ‘no-frills hotel’ right on the beach called Surfers Inn. He told me no, he actually meant camping. Apparently our friends/neighbors invited us and he said yes w/out talking to me :( And we're leaving Friday afternoon and not coming back to Sunday morning. I didn't think people camped more than one night!
I blame it all on my parents. Their idea of 'roughin' it' was staying at a 4 star instead of a 5. I never went camping. I never understood how someone could want to sleep on the ground. Ohh, btw, they have a 'brand new' tent for us...no rv or camper to speak of.
They called just now and ‘reminded’ us to bring a roll of quarters for the showers. I have to shower by paying (with quarters even...is there no one to give change or run my card through)?
My husband told me I couldn't bring any dresses or stilettos. I figured as much, of course. But I need advice from you guys....
1. In a tent...how do you sleep comfortably on the ground? Will I even be able to sleep? Should I pack Tylenol PM?
2. What do you do? I need activities. Can you suggest any camping games or other activities I can arrange to kill the boredom?
3. What type of food do I bring? They told us to bring a cooler w/ food.
4. Is there any hope of wireless internet service?
5. Will I hear animals while I'm trying to sleep? If so, what do I do?
Any other advice for a camping virgin would be appreciated.