Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

kuy - all messages by user

1/31/2018 5:10:26 PM
kuy, would like to read poetry Hi!
I'm kuy, from Austria.
I'm writing this because I'm already waiting for some time to meet someone who is excited about poetry, but somehow it does'nt happen.. I really like literature, but I don't have any idea how to approach poetry.. Recently I started to read Ulysses and I really enjoy reading it out loud, without really understanding everything, but i like how the whole setting and story builds up somewhere in the back of my head while I'm reading and I dive into the athmosphere of the book and enjoy how the words have been lined up carefully for me and everyone to read.
I have not experienced something like this with poems so far. When I come across some poem, I usually try to give it a chance, but nothing ever has caught me so far.. I wonder if someone could recommend me a poet or some nice book with different poems, that are well to grasp for a beginner. I would like something that takes one away into someone's mind or into some setting for a few minutes, with a good flow. It could be in one of the following languages: german, english, spanish or japanese.
I would be really thankful for that
Greets, kuy
pages: 1