Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

LSmith - all messages by user

5/9/2017 10:13:06 AM
should I stay or should I go. For those who write/read poetry it is pretty much words from the heart and soul. Continue writing! I have wrote poetry for years and though some might not think it is "proper format, etc.", it is my therapy. I have trouble telling people how I feel and when I pour everything I can't say into my poetry, it benefits me. Do not let others discourage you.
5/9/2017 10:23:01 AM
Baby steps Hello, I am new to this site and you guessed it...I just need to talk. I have recently become detached from everyone and everything. I do not do this by choice mind you. I have had really bad things happen in my life ( who hasn't? ) and my biggest problem is talking about them. They are very touchy subjects. I normally write poems about my feelings because it is my therapy if I am being honest. It's really hard to talk to people face to face about the things tormenting my soul. I was inappropriately abused as a young child by a family member. I think a whole 2 people know about it ( now whomever takes the time to read ) but like I said..baby steps. I am tired of keeping everything inside and feeling afraid. I am afraid of what others will think or say if I tell them. I have kept it to myself for 20 years and I am finally ready to take it slowly at actually dealing with what happened. I was 22 before even telling my mother. You worry..you worry what people will think of you. My biggest fear if I tell someone? They will only have sympathy. I am not looking for sympathy. I am looking for room to breathe. Thanks for listening, maybe I can work up the courage to talk to fill anyone if they want to know, in on the other traumatic things that have happened to me but it does feel better to at least type it where there are only strangers. It's progress. Instead of rambling on and on, I guess I am just trying to find people who I can talk to that will understand. I have searched for numerous support groups in my area and I have found nothing close. If you do not wish to reach out or share, I politely ask that you move along to the next post because hurtful criticism doesn't help either one of us.
5/9/2017 10:41:02 AM
Baby steps Thank you so much. I appreciate you reaching out and I agree it is not healthy at all. It may not be the same situation but I too came from a bad home environment. I am always up for talking and listening also. I look forward to reading your poems. ( still maneuvering the site ) again, thank you so much for extending a hand when I was reaching out. You have made my day. I will keep you in my thoughts in prayers and send as many good vibes as I can. You seem an amazing person and I apologize that you are not appreciated more.
5/9/2017 10:43:31 AM
Painted Lady Your poems are beautiful. I sense so much emotion that is put into them. Keep up the good work.
5/9/2017 3:32:56 PM
Baby steps You are so right! you did make a difference and it feels nice to have people like you in the world
5/9/2017 3:55:34 PM
Baby steps I just learned how to read the comments and I wanted to thank you for such kind input. All of my work comes from something personal that has made an impact on my life. I am not good with describing verbally what I feel but poetry has always been a way for me to pour my soul out. I like to think someone, somewhere will also feel like they are not alone in whatever battle they are facing.
5/9/2017 4:00:18 PM
Introduction Hello! I am sorry you feel misunderstood..I can totally relate. Half of the time I feel alone and no one truly understands my feelings. Poetry is so beautiful no matter what it says or how it is written. It comes from the heart and to be able to put your emotions into beautiful words is a talent. It's yours and it's unique. Keep your head up and always follow your dreams.
5/9/2017 4:13:46 PM
Hello Everyone My name is Laken. I am a mother to 2 beautiful children and a step mother to 1. I am not so good at introductions so I will do my best. I love people being kind to one another and creating happiness for others as well. I have had a very trying life. I am a cancer survivor and a survivor of many other terrible life events. I suffer from anxiety but for the most part I try to be a happy person. I am still working on myself which I like to think we all are in our own little way. Most of my poetry is a little dark and sad, I don't intend on that but I write from my heart and that is the only way I can express myself that helps me. Writing is my outlet. I do not particularly search for criticism but I welcome it all. I believe that all poetry or any writings from anyone actually, is beautiful. To feel emotion through another's words and experience what they are going through is amazing if you think about it. I don't want anyone getting the wrong idea. I love my life that I currently live and not the one I struggled through. But I also won't lie to anyone and say that I don't have inner demons that haunt me because well...I think we all have those in some shape or form. This life is yours to live, it may not always go as planned but "difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations". I hope to read all of the amazing work on this site and I am already loving it.
5/9/2017 4:22:33 PM
Hello to you all from Ireland Can't wait to read your work!
5/9/2017 4:56:31 PM
Classifying poetry or click Forms under the logout area. That probably would have been easier to say lol. Happy Writing
5/9/2017 10:26:20 PM
Baby steps Thanks this site has actually given me courage. I have been lost here lately and have been searching for people that I can share with as well as them share with me. To read such emotion and know that you have others who also suffer and can relate..it's a beautiful thing..unfortunate in a way but it makes such a difference to hear and be heard. I have been doing some research on how to better form poetry. I have never really written any type of form per say, I get wordy because everything inside comes flooding out from being kept hidden for so long. I have enjoyed everyone's poems and kindness oh so much. It is a free feeling.
5/9/2017 10:28:12 PM
This place is a joke I just got here today but I love your poems and do hope to see more be blessed Keith.
5/10/2017 10:33:46 AM
Baby steps I also reign from a small town. I have extreme social anxiety so I don't communicate that much with the outside world. Online helps me to be more social because I do not panic lol. There are mostly rude people where I live so I love how polite everyone is here. Kindness will take everyone a long way and I really wish the world would see that. I have enjoyed our new found friendship more than you know. I have talked to some really cool people on here. I have found my tribe lol
pages: 1