Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Waynej - all messages by user

4/29/2017 9:45:54 PM
introduction I've been a member for about an hour now, I am not sure if I'm amazed or confused. I have been trying to write poetry since 2001. I started writing poetry in this millennium, so at 63, I'm a newbie. I like reading others poetry and enjoy comments about my poems. I write about a lot of topics, I like showing readers the world through my eyes. I have experienced quite a bit, from Military to University Student, 44 years of marriage, 7 different types of businesses, rags to wealth and designs, inventions, theories and philosophies. All that was fun, but tomorrow, I hope to try something new. I will post a few poems tomorrow, but I intend on reading many of your poems to try to figure out if I am in over my head. Take Care, Wayne
4/30/2017 6:22:21 PM
Review Other Poets Poems. Hello,

Most poets want someone to politely review their poems, I am no exception. How does a new member know where to go and whom to review properly. I would not want to barge in on a poet or neglect a poets work. Could someone advice me? Thanks Carl Wayne Jent
5/1/2017 5:46:24 PM
Share a poem day Today is share a poem day. I am not sure how I can share a poem with just one poet. I'm sure there is a way let someone know you would like for them to share a poem, I just can't figure it out. Carl Wayne Jent
12/4/2017 8:42:38 PM
What is considedred offensive? A contest asked to write a poem mirroring a song. The song said "Well, it's alright" and I wrote a song that said "Hell, it's cold tonight" is the word hell used in an offensive manner? Is the word hell a vulgar term, used the way I did? I wrote the poem in humor but do not want to offend. Should I enter it in a contest?
pages: 1