Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

rstonerjr - all messages by user

11/3/2014 7:38:04 PM
Question about posting new poetry on Poetry Soup If I post my new poetry on Poetry Soup will the poems be unacceptable to publishers as they seem to only accept new unpublished work. Seems some will not accept anything even appearing anywhere on the web.
11/12/2014 3:53:04 PM
Question about posting new poetry on Poetry Soup Thanks Bob for the insight into my question. I did visit your site and got some enlightenment,thanks for the recommendation. I'll definitely revisit the site. Thanks much.
7/21/2015 1:45:16 PM
Agree to Disagree (A Sonnet) I enjoyed the write would pass an idea for the line "Discussing sports is a wise decision." Where I come from sports conversations can be as dramatic as politics or religion. May I recommend "Discussing weather a wise decision". Talk of weather has a connotation of time passing conversation. This phrase also fits the 10 syllable count. The form works well and the message is clear and understandable.
7/21/2015 2:01:03 PM
My poem Leviathan I enjoyed the write, the form economical of word and consistent works. I found the message clear and understandable. I did find the capitalization of Waves, Ocean, Behemoth Breaching, Longboats a bit distracting as I read trying to guess the significance of these words. I also would like to have seen the use of commas to break lines and add emphasis in areas. Revenge, rage, regret- three similar but different concepts. Destruction, death, defeat same situation. Since you did use a comma in the last line you established a precedent for their use making their omission distracting.
pages: 1