Book: Reflection on the Important Things

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Sharon84 - all messages by user

10/9/2012 11:14:08 AM
Hello There! Hi there people,
I'm new to the site and thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm Sharon and I'm a displaced Scouser.

I'm just starting a brand new chapter in my life, after moving out of my mother's house, across the country, and in with my fiancee, leaving my job in the process. It's all new and pretty big, so I decided to go back to my hobby of creative writing. I enjoy writing all sorts, but particularly poems (they're so much easier to finish!). Eventually, I would love to become a published author of children's stories, you know, the kind that end up as picture books, so I thought I'd knuckle back down to some writing and perhaps dust off some of my oldies. It's always nice to keep your finger on the writing pulse, and to receive feedback about what you write, so I thought I'd join the community here.

I'll do my best to upload poems regularly, and will try to read, and where appropriate, comment on as many poems as I can.

If anyone has any advice on getting published in picture book form (there is next to nothing out there on the internet advice wise for this particular genre), please let me know, and if I get anywhere on my little authorial journey I'll pass on what I can.

Thanks!
pages: 1