Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Beauty28 - all messages by user

10/5/2011 5:25:07 PM
Introduction of Pamela Woolford Beauty28 Hello,
My name is Pamela and I have been married to Richard for twenty-one years. We have a seventeen month old silkie pup called Toby. He is a very good dog and keeps me company when I am on my own.I started to write poetry at the beginning of last year because I suffer from severe Insomnia. For anyone who doesn't know, this is a condition that causes you to stay awake. I was diagosed with a rare disease in 2006 which is neurodegenerative and has no cure.
I suffer from very severe pain and this is what led to the insomnia and I needed to find something to help me get through these most unpleasant hours.

I therefore started writing poems in January which I enjoy very much. Earlier this year I decided to try my hand at writing a book. I have now written and had published three children's books which I am very proud of. They are called "An Enchanted Garden", "The Little Pig That Ran Away To Save His Bacon" and the third which is about to be released is called "Zeppo The Little Dragon With The Big Problems".

I am in the beginning of getting a website going and will let you know once it is up and running.
I look forward to reading more of the members poems here and also posting some more of my own. Thank you for making me welcome on this Website and I will talk to more of you soon.

I am going on holidays on 13th Novmeber for fourteen nights to New Zealand on a cruise. I will try to post as many poems as I can in the meantime. Please bear with me as my illness sometimes can make me sick for a few days at a time. Thank you Pamela.
2/26/2012 8:31:59 AM
I'm excited about being here.... My name is Pam and I haven't been a member for very long. However, I have been made to feel so welcome since joining.
I am very happily married, 22 years next month to Richard who has been my rock that I have leant on when I needed strength to get me through and that's been quite a lot. We also have a wonderful silkie terrier, his name is Toby.He's wonderful company when Richards at work and will be two in May.

I am a professional singer and in 2006 , after having suffered a stroke in 2004, I was diagosed with a very rare neurodegenerative disease called Multiple Systems Atrophy, which to some extent mimics the same symptoms as Parkinson's Disease. Although similar in nature, MSA as it is called in the short term, affects all the systems of our bodies. The eyes, digestive system neurological system, renal system, muscuolskeletal system, which would be the worst affected as it causes stiffness and rigidity in arms and legs. It has caused severe degenerative changes in my neck that I have already had two laminectomies to restore discs. However,I was due to have an operation and it had to be abandoned because of complications. I spent some time in the Intensive Care Unit and then went back to the ward.

That night I had a cardiac arrest and had to be given CPR which has left me with massive bruising because they were a little more vigorous than they needed to be. However, they were able to bring me back and that is the main thing. Now, I have to wait for a week or two and then go back to the theatre again to try another approach for this operation my Neurosurgeon says I have to have or else I could end up paralysed.
By writing poetry, I have found a way to help me to live with the agonising pain I get all the time, especially at night, when I have severe insomnia. For anyone not familiar with this term, it means not being able to sleep.

By taking me into your hearts and reading my poetry and leaving comments, it gives me so much joy and when I can I will try and do the same for you. I would also like to say that in the time from January, 2010 to date I have written eight children's books. I have had three published and they are available to be bought through me as I have my own website:pamschildren'sbooks.net.

I look forward to meeting more of you and learning about writing the best poetry from some of the finest poets I have ever had the privilege and pleasure to be associated with.
Thank you for reading my story. Even though I am facing this uncertain future, I am happy with my poetry and my new family here at Poetry Soup. It has been a wonderful experience for me so far.
God Bless one and all,

Love Pam xx
pages: 1