Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Jinjagoliath - all messages by user

10/11/2021 9:14:52 AM
Uploading a photo Moi Aussi - some of my poetry is requiring the photo, either because I was inspired by it, or it enhances the medium. I find that nowadays, in the realm of social media, although the craft of words should never be de-valued, a wider audience can be found when we combine with evocative imagery. Unfortunately PoetrySoup makes this fairly simple task into a stumbling block.. I too have no joy in successfully uploading an image, despite following the instructions carefully (and I am no techno-phobe). Any improvements or solutions gratefully received. I thank you.
5/19/2023 3:54:16 AM
Add MP3 audio without premium Yes - me
It does work the couple of snags I encountered were

i) Is it genuinely an MP3 (MP4s don't work) - you can convert using free software on your phone "Audio Coverter (MP3 AAC OPUS)" by Bdroid Team is quite good

ii) The file size can be a factor - I think the limit is 3Mb - as I tend to ramble with my words and read slowly, it has tripped me up.

iii) Premium membership is worth the extra features I think, do consider :-)

Update: Since posting DD you have done some wonderful audio. Keep going you have a beautiful voice in tandem with your poetry.
edited by Jinjagoliath on 5/19/2023
edited by Jinjagoliath on 9/6/2023
5/19/2023 3:57:42 AM
Get images to show for my poems? I seem to be stuck in a loop of following the instructions - but I don't see the image - just the link text. There must be a clearer set of steps somewhere.. I can get the image uploaded, but it just does not show when I try to connectwith the poem. Help please
5/19/2023 5:29:53 AM
Get images to show for my poems? It's funny how.. when you apply yourself to ask for help the answer appears.. Fixed it now. I neglected to understand you have to click on the image button and then another LINK box appears allowing you to connect your photo (already uploaded with the link created by the site) by posting the link there. Simples (kinda)
5/19/2023 5:30:55 AM
Get images to show for my poems? Certainly easier on a PC than on a phone (maybe that was why I couldn't see how).
9/6/2023 8:27:49 PM
FINALLY BACK ON HERE! This bit of PS is new to me but hi 👋
pages: 1