Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq
New to PoetrySoup? Introduce yourself here. Tell us something about yourself.
9/22/2010 5:46:18 AM

Kimberly LaRocca
My name is Kimberly LaRocca and I live in Florida. My husband and I have been together for 16 years and we have 4 boys. My earliest memory of writing was probably in 5th grade. I wrote a short story and won the Pride Award for writing. I look back at the story now and realize that writing is what I’m suppose to do. But life happens, I got distracted, went to college for something totally different and just stopped writing. I’d write things throughout the years and just file it away. I have a stack of composition books with ideas or thoughts that I had at a particular moment. After a series of car accidents I found myself a stay at home mom and I begin to write again. I had forgotten how much I loved to write. I don’t know if anyone else feels this way, but when I sit to write it just flows naturally. I was shocked when I had my ah-hah moment and realized this is how I will leave my mark. The wonderful thing about writing is that I can create something that no one else ever has in the history of the world. I think that makes us all pretty special.
edited by klarocca on 9/25/2010
permalink • reply with quote