Below is the poem entitled Prophecy which was written by poet
Dufresne. Please feel free to comment on this poem. However, please remember, PoetrySoup is a place of encouragement and growth.
Read Poems by
Robert A. Dufresne
Psalm 21-I For this day . GOOD FRIDAY
A Prophecy of the Passion of our Lord
My God my God why hast thou forsaken me? Thou art far from my prayers.
From the words of my cry.
3) My God I cry during the day, and thou dost not answer, and in the night, and thou dost not heed me.
7) But I am a worm and not a man, the scorn of men and despised by the people,
8) All sho see me scoff at me, they open wide their mouths and wag their head:
9) “He trusts in the Lord: let Him deliver him, let him save him if He loves him.”
10) indeed thou didst bring me forth from the womb; thou madest me secure on my mother’s breast.
11) to thee I was committed at my birth, From my mothers WOMB thou art my God.12) Stand not far from me, for I am in distress; draw near: for there is none to help.
PSALM 2iii PRPHECY OF THE PASSION CONTINUED.
14) They open their mouths against me like a ravenous and roaring lion.
15) I am poured out like water, all my bones are disjointed:
My heart has become like wax, melting away within my breast.
16) My throat is dried up like a potsherd, my tongue cleaves to my jaws, and in the dust of death thou hast laid me.
17) for many dogs surround me, a gang of evil doers encircles me.
They have pierced my hands and my feet,
18) I can count all my bones. They indeed look and gloat over me; they
19) divide my garments among them, and for my vesture they cast lots.
Passion of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Just one of the prophecies in the old testament that did come to pass.
Have a holy and reflective Good Friday everyone.