Poem Search | Poetry Search Engine
Search poems by keyword, length, form, and category. Searching poetry via our poem search engine will allow you to find the perfect poem. Search poems written by PoetrySoup's talented writers.
Enter a word to search for (e.g. "horses").
Select a form (Haiku, Ode, Couplet), and/or category (love, mother, hair) and enter a word to search for (e.g. "god").
Poem Search Engine
Search results will be highlighed in yellow
Searching for Poems
Locating poems is often more difficult than you might imagine. In addition, category or poem topic indexes do not typically provide the nuances you want.
That said, poetry search resources such as this poetry search engine are excellent ways to locate a poems. General web searches may also turn up a reference to a poet, or an unrelated search category.
Some poetry search databases may be helpful in locating poems. The PoetrySoup search databases allow users to limit searches by categories, forms of poetry, length of poem, and keywords searched. Search for an exact phrase, all words in any order, and any words included in the keyword search field.
If you are seeking a famous poem for which you already know the title, you may wish to use the search engine at the top of each PoetrySoup page.
- To control or refine your search use Search Word(s) dropdown control and select "Exact Phrase", "All Words", or "Any words".
- The search is case insensitive. Writing “Maya Angelou” or “MAYA ANGELOU” will not change the results; you will see the same records.
- When you search for more than one word, the arrangement of the words is not important. Writing “Allan Poe” or “Poe Allan” will not change results.
- Do not use conjunctions such as OR, AND in your searches.
- Do not use apostrophes or quotation marks in your searches.
- Avoid words such as “a”, “an”, “the” in the your searches.