Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

victhroop - all messages by user

10/9/2012 11:03:12 AM
BENJAMIN BRITTEN Clerihew (Note: How is it possible to make one line very brief...?)

BENJAMIN BRITTEN ---composer extraordinaire...my hero Clerihew Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}Benjie Britten’s fame islong
David Beckam of the song
Carol danced in your sharpmind
May you find flat rest divine
10/30/2012 9:33:02 AM
Raven's Back Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}Raven wraps me in his blackness
Swoops me on his wings
Through storm clouds
Across moonlit mountains
Darts down to the grey winter sea
Through the mist
To greet the dawn
12/2/2012 3:25:32 AM
recent poet self introduction: Victoria learning to maneuver on this site...watch and listen..my motto to adapt in a strange place...

am in Africa temporarily..home is Valdez , Alaska, but have traveled and worked in Asia, Europe and now Africa. Love China--specificially Zhejiang province-- and have written many specific lessons for Chinese English learners--using their learning style as foremost tool. divorced, partner free but lonely, shaded my poet's eyes for many years to write technical manuals (including one of the first GPS manual--used to work for the inventor, Walt Fowler--genius and patent holder-who invented GPS for U.S. military--specifically ships) and grants. kids grown, now free to open my eyes to the world of adjectives and adverbs again. Journalism has given me sharp shears and a love to edit..my work and others...if you need this assistance..will gladly help as time allows......................that is me --quickly and unadorned.
12/2/2012 3:34:43 AM
Love Poems of Ovid George, thanks so much for reminding me of this magnificent piece of translation...for those of us who were denied classics (by gender bias or financial barriers) we must rely on the translator's skill. Marlowe--true Renaissance man--poet, translator, actor, playwright, what a man he was! Just a noteworthy remembrance...at the time --both original and translated work...geniuses were drawn to language, no computers or IT to distract or destroy them!

George Zamalea wrote:
Marlowe’s great translation of Amores (c. 1596) is still oneof the best. Ovid’s Love Poems are wit and original and they have suchambitious parallel from the allusive Vergil. In my opinion Ovid causes to us tothink beyond for what we cannot see.

I dream indeed, the bolts as they were laid
Stand fix’d; the noise was by my fancy made,
Or by a northern blast, that hoarse did groan,
And with the wind away my hopes are blown:
Oh that the blast had broken the barrier down.

Lovely, isn’t it?
12/2/2012 4:12:28 AM
"The Garden of Prosperine" Best Poem Ever looking backward is a bliss in poetry...we are arrogant to think modern minds are superior..thanks for the reminder!
12/2/2012 4:12:40 AM
"The Garden of Prosperine" Best Poem Ever looking backward is a bliss in poetry...we are arrogant to think modern minds are superior..thanks for the reminder!
12/2/2012 4:13:59 AM
"The Garden of Prosperine" Best Poem Ever swinburne--one of my favorites, and much neglected by modern readers..thanks for the reminder!
pages: 1