Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

darson - all messages by user

4/1/2021 4:52:39 PM
Does anyone else on here write short stories? I try...very short stories though. Got to learn more about writing them.
4/6/2021 7:44:34 PM
Introduction Hi, my name is Virginia Gelok though I go by my middle name (Darline) here at home.
I am the mother of 3 sons. Grandmother of 8 and great grandmother of 3.

I intend one day soon to have a book or booklet published in honor of my middle son who drowned at 24years old. Let me tell you, he was the nicest, kindest young man most people would have known. Before he passed he made me a card ,a special card with the screen door I always wanted on my house. After he passed, I was going through some of his possessions I came across a glorious treasure of inspiration. I came across this card. Then it came to me. This was the door to opportunity! At this point my book will be called "DARSONS DOOR". I am sure you can tell why.

On a happier note I love life. Even at my worst I usually can find something to be positive about.

I love music, art and writing. I wish I hadn't wasted so much time thinking I wasn't good enough to do this but I now know I am, and I will. I am happy to finally be here at Poetry Soup where there is people, opportunity and lots of encouragement.
4/7/2021 1:36:37 PM
Introduction I too am new...glad to see you on board.
2/20/2023 6:59:17 PM
Time to Come Back I can't believe its been so long since I have written any poetry. I had promised myself I was going to dedicate myself to it. Sadly, life got it the way !
Unlike some seniors I am quite healthy. The past two years, (or should I say 4), have clearly shown me that being healthy doesn't mean no problems. Don't get me wrong, I am fine aside from a few down days that I am sure we all have. My world involves many wonderful, loving people. The past few years some of my family and a few of my friends have moved on to Heavens Gate. ( I choose to think that's where they are.)

Often when others in my world suffer or pass on it affects me as I am sure it does others. I found I just couldn't get back into the swing of things for quite some time.

I am back to my old self and feel I will be able to put my pen back to the paper. I look forward to it. Can't wait to read some poetry of those who are still writing.

Thanks for giving me the time to say I am back.
pages: 1