Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

Forum Home » I just need to talk... » Time to Come Back

Don't Post Poetry Here!!! Talk about anything or need a shoulder to cry on? Share your thoughts and emotions here:
2/20/2023 6:59:17 PM

Virginia Gelok
I can't believe its been so long since I have written any poetry. I had promised myself I was going to dedicate myself to it. Sadly, life got it the way !
Unlike some seniors I am quite healthy. The past two years, (or should I say 4), have clearly shown me that being healthy doesn't mean no problems. Don't get me wrong, I am fine aside from a few down days that I am sure we all have. My world involves many wonderful, loving people. The past few years some of my family and a few of my friends have moved on to Heavens Gate. ( I choose to think that's where they are.)

Often when others in my world suffer or pass on it affects me as I am sure it does others. I found I just couldn't get back into the swing of things for quite some time.

I am back to my old self and feel I will be able to put my pen back to the paper. I look forward to it. Can't wait to read some poetry of those who are still writing.

Thanks for giving me the time to say I am back.
permalink • reply with quote
2/21/2023 9:24:24 AM

Di11y Da11y
I'm very new here, but completely understand how difficult everything you describe must be. Poetry can be very powerful to cope with processing big emotions. I hope you find it helpful.
3/10/2023 12:19:46 AM

axela care
hhhhhhiiiiiii

Forum Home » I just need to talk... » Time to Come Back