Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

raenie - all messages by user

5/27/2010 10:36:50 PM
New to forums but not too poetry Hi Cammy i'm Nikko and I'm just trying our these forums myself looking forward to reading your poetry here at the Soup
5/27/2010 10:38:53 PM
send a thank you note? Hi Mirela since there's no reply feature for your comments, what I normally do is I reply back by commenting on the poems of those who commented in mine--a little tit for tat if you may Hope this helps
5/27/2010 10:46:54 PM
Talk me out of it hi Dylan I agree with Aneysa-- I sure do hope that someone close to you is there for you to talk you out of it--it really may seem that life isn't worth living at times, but hopefully these thoughts will help the next time you think of killing yourself--if you do succeed in doing that (though I pray to God that you don't feel the need to do it again)--then what? I really don't think it accomplishes anything, only proving that you gave in to the moment and it didn't help anybody, worse it totally defeats why you lived--Please stay strong, even if you don't realize it, there are people out there who love you. Go prove to the world your worth
5/27/2010 10:54:15 PM
Fire in the wilderness? oh wow! I was just browsing through the forums and saw this particular thread--my golly, I don't think I've learned so much about the sun in just one sitting! Very very interesting facts, Chris--where ever did you get all that info? When you pointed out that it's the largest contributor of oxygen, it really made me stop and think--you are so right! never realized that, just took that for granted I guess! Thanks for the insightful reply & James--as I write this--woohoo! I think some t=of that rain in Scotland made its way over here--our plants sure are drinking it in-- it's the most rain we've had in months--yay, yay!!
And just a little tidbit about my name, haha all this sun talk reminded me--Nikko actually means "sunlight" or "daylight" in Japanese --well wishing you both sun-filled days!! I for now will enjoy the rain!!
5/28/2010 5:53:13 AM
Poem Titles Hi! Would just like to put in my two cents' worth--I guess for me, what really draws me in are the actual words--if the title is catchy or intriguing enough for me, I'd click on it--regardless of its length. I have to say though that I compare typos to an itch! I just have to mention that typo if I see it!! It just bothers me to read an otherwise good poem, only to have that typo ruin it for me I believe that it does help to be taken seriously if you avoid having typos in your poems. this is just me though...and I don't think technology has been a great help either, lol texting is really kicking spelling in the butt, if you ask me!
6/28/2010 1:55:59 AM
Is it possible to reply directly to comments? Hi Christopher What I actually do is I comment on the poems of those who commented on mine sometimes "exchanges" happen between those comments or you can also soupmail these poets--if you click on their poem--you'd see a "soupbowl" at the right side of the name & you can just send them mail via that--hope this helps --nikko
9/12/2010 8:39:47 AM
Introducing myself Hi Gordon good evening (well nearly midnight) from my side of the world (the Philippines) --wow 61 years of marriage-- that sure is love! & you both are so lucky to enjoy that thanks for sharing a bit of yourself here looking forward to reading your poems & I hope your wife comes back soon, I;m sure she misses you just as much -- nikko
9/14/2010 7:07:22 AM
What shall I do? Hi Biplab Interesting question you have here-- ok I don't claim to be an expert on love ok? But here are my thoughts---if she's not interested in anything related to love-- work around it -- find out what her interests are and broach on those subjects instead--- she seems like the type who doesn't want to rush into things-- just curious (although totally none of my business) what makes you say that you are in love with her? Show interest in her interests and work on the foundation of friendship then hopefully maybe, she'll realize that you are definitely somebody worth falling in love with Sometimes patience is key and love can definitely take time-- Wish you the best and sure would love to hear updates from you Big Grin-- hope this helps --nikko
edited by raenie on 9/14/2010
5/4/2011 1:56:42 AM
Seeking advice Hi Ralph-- I think you can do that by going to your Members Area--then "My Member Contest Entries" and from their you will see that list and you have options on the right to delete from the contest-- I hope this helps--btw as for that Famous Poets contest you mentioned-- sounds like a scam to me? Does google come up with anything about it? Sounds eerily like that Vanity site from before-- poetry.com or was that.org? They did the same thing but that was a huge scam as well... not saying this one is but highly likely that it is... hope this helps --
5/4/2011 2:02:06 AM
Seeking advice SettlementPub wrote:
I want to E-mail a copy of a poem from my total list and all this allows me is to "edit" or "delete!"
There is no way to E-mail unless you can grab the
work from Current Postings, and that is not at all
possible from going back several years! Paula Larson

Hi Paula -- maybe you can try searching for that specific poem? Enter it in the search field -- could be easier to spot rather than sorting through all the pages of your poetry-- then once you find it, you can click on the "Send email" option--- I tried it out just now and it worked for me -
pages: 1