Book: Shattered Sighs

Get Your Premium Membership

Poetry Forum

home recent topics recent posts search faq

nightguard - all messages by user

4/18/2012 6:24:44 PM
Just a quick hello Gone 1AM in the UK so just saying a quick hello. I have been writing poetry and short stories ffor a few years. At the moment putting the finish touches to a poetry book. Put them on a website (Addy in profile) and I use Tumblr to post stuff. Posted one poem which I had forgotten about. 15 years old and it was in a local poetry mag. It'll Be OK. Jst posted it because I had the document I had just typed it in open. Got one positive comment already. Ps my sig is one of my Haiku's
Anyway I'm tired so off bed.
edited by nightguard on 4/18/2012
4/19/2012 8:13:01 AM
Just a quick hello Just like to add a couple of things. I can post on here but I am not sure which poetry style eac one is. Most are rhyming, some with couplets some with quads. But all the others that are listed some I have not heard of.
If anyone visits my website and would like to suggest one to post I'll be pleased to do it. I also welcome guest writers. It is only a week old so still in the early stages but I hope to stick with it and improve it.
4/22/2012 3:13:18 PM
Just a quick hello Pleased to say I'm getting plenty of positive feedback. All but two poems so far have been put aside for a future collection I hope to publish and I have had someone check and proof read them with some tightening up so my proofreader should take some of the credit. I hope to post a few more from my back catalogue with the odd new one.
I have entered a couple of contests but not sure if they have been accepted. The poetry soup one I still have 0 out of 1 available showing but may have been too late for the next one. Just wish there were more contests. I have entered a sonnet one but not sure if it fits the picture.
4/22/2012 3:23:36 PM
The Shortest Fairytale ever Well one of the shortest. Not mine sorry to say.

Once upon a time there was a handsome prince who fell in love with a beautiful princess. One day he asked her to marry him and she said no.
So they both lived happily ever after.
4/22/2012 3:28:22 PM
Favourite Quotes Or favorite for the USA.

Mine is ' I told you I was ill' -Spike Milligan

Some of my poems are Miliganish or Monty python like. I take a wierd view on life.
4/23/2012 5:09:01 AM
Cellular Madness Hi.
I have posted this one but struggling with the last part I have put it into couplets for now and it is about the last four or five that do no not sound right. I am working on my poems with a proof reader and she said it doesn't quite seem right. It's from
Buy sell,'deals done, deals broken...
Any advice would be appreciated.

Everywhere I go these days I see people talking.
Not to each other, but to themselves whilst walking.

Hands up to ears, eyes seeing little.
Sometimes speaking in whispering rhymes.

But mostly in a loud voice, echoing off walls.
On street corners, in shopping malls.

On public transport, getting out cars.
On benches in quiet city parks.

Buy, sell, deals done deals broken.
Marriage proposals, love poems written.

Texts to avoid meeting face to face.
Goodbye, I have found somebody else.

Sign of the times, tinged with sadness.
It must be cellular madness.

edited by nightguard on 4/23/2012
edited by nightguard on 4/23/2012
pages: 1